£28,500 a year
Hours: · 3-5 days each week – days / hours to be agreed (1 day on site in Darlington area)
Salary: £28,500 per annum (5 year incremental scale)
Reports to: Senior Counsellor
Responsible to: Clinical Services Manager
The Employee Resilience Company Ltd.
The Employee Resilience Company Ltd (TERC) provides both Employee Assistance Provision and full Secondary Mental Health Services. The service is Accredited by The Royal College of Psychiatrists and The British Psychological Society APPTS accreditation scheme, delivering the highest standards of clinical and operational governance. The Accreditation also recognises the wide range of high quality services including counselling, secondary mental health services and wellbeing support offered by TERC.
TERC provides services to NHS, Blue Light Services, and other public and private sector employees across the UK. TERC is a highly regarded and successful provider of mental health services, accredited training, and wellbeing services. Our staff are our most valued asset, and we have a company-wide focus on wellbeing and employee benefits. We offer clinical supervision, separate management supervision, and regular CPD, to support you to achieve the best results for your clients and for your own professional development. There are also excellent opportunities for career progression.
TERC is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion best practice and positively encourage applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion/belief, marital status, or pregnancy/maternity. To support this, we have in house EDI specialists and run a range of active in-house diversity networks. We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce, to ensure we are representative of the communities we serve at all levels. We therefore welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of lived experience.
We are committed to equitably support the wellbeing of all employees as demonstrated by:
* Our association with the MINDFUL EMPLOYER Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
* Our status as a Menopause Friendly Committed employer and our membership with The British Menopause Society
* Our sign up to Zero Suicide Alliance
* Our commitment to meet the standards outlined in the Equality Register, NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS). Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES) and Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES).
* An embedded Just and Learning Culture and a robust Staff Values Charter
* We promote a speaking up culture facilitated by dedicated Freedom to Speak Up Guardians.
Role Responsibility / Overview:
TERC are a fast-growing psychological services provider in the United Kingdom. With a strong emphasis on clinical and operational excellence, delivery standards and as a clinically led organisation you can be assured our clients are at the heart of what we do and our staff at the heart of our delivery.
Utilising technology to support a team environment, but enabling home based working, delivering structured counselling to employees of commissioning organisations across public and private sector organisations. With robust induction and training, 121 clinical supervision, case management, peer supervision and monthly CPD programme, you will be supported to grow as a practitioner and individual. We offer clients psychological support via our EAP, a short-term model moving through to secondary tier mental health and a wide range of training and additional clinical services. You can expect clients with a wide range of presenting issues both work and home related.
Our EAP team provide a 24/7 confidential support service alongside access to telephone, virtual and face to face counselling and support. Clients can contact us to speak to a qualified counsellor about issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, debt advice and family issues. There may be opportunities for onsite working in our partner NHS and Blue Light services as we continue to develop and grow.
The role will involve a range of duties including.
· On site working in the Darlington area.
· Providing sessional counselling support within a short term solution focussed model to Employees
· Undertaking telephone counselling with clients from our employee assistance program
· Conducting telephone assessments including referral for ongoing psychological support
· Providing support calls to employees and managers and signposting to appropriate external agencies
· Offering Psychoeducation
· Delivering Trauma Support
· Managing high risk calls
· Providing telephone and video counselling to employees
The ideal candidate will have:
· Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy
· Registered/Accredited Membership with BACP (or equivalent)
· Telephone and Face to face sessional delivery experience
· A qualification in CBT would be advantageous
· Experience of EAP Clinical Delivery (or equivalent)
· Previous experience working in a counselling team setting
· Experience of a multi-disciplinary environment
· Experience of applying Trauma informed approach to work
· Computer literate essential
* Flexible working patterns
* Pension Scheme
* Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio
* Carer Support, Financial Support, 24/7 Legal Support
* 24/7 GP helpline – book a Telephone or Video Appointment with a GP
* Life Insurance Scheme
* Access to an extensive range of employee benefits and discount schemes.
* 32 Days Leave Including Bank Holidays, additional day off for your birthday.
* Finder’s fee £500 when recommending someone to join the company (T&C's apply)
* Monthly clinical case supervision and separate line management 121.
* Annual CPD Programme
* Further Training and Development opportunities
* Reward and Recognition Scheme
* Professional Membership fees paid for by the company (pro-rata for part time staff)
Work remotely: Yes (home based) - including 1 day on site in Darlington area
The Employee Resilience Company operate a yearly incremental salary increase subject to performance and annual appraisal.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter giving your reasons for your interest in this role to email@example.com
* If successful after an initial call and interview, we will discuss and agree your working pattern and contract.
* We will provide you with all the IT and workstation equipment needed and check in with you prior to your start date to ensure you have everything you need.
* You will receive a comprehensive initial 4-week induction which is delivered virtually. This includes meeting our directors, service managers, HR & line managers, alongside opportunities to meet some of your new colleagues.
Should you wish to discuss any adjustment or assistance you might need in the application or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERC is committed to supporting all individuals with dignity and recognises the potential complications that may arise when taking references. We encourage applicants to contact email@example.com to discuss or amend how we manage reference requests.
Please note, all applicants must be legally entitled to accept and perform work in the UK and all positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Any data which you share with us throughout the recruitment process will be stored securely within the UK and is accessible only by staff who require it. Should your application be unsuccessful, your data will be securely destroyed after 12 months.
TERC reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,500.00 per year
* 8 hour shift
* Are you CBT Qualified?
* Post Grad Counselling: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person