Hello and welcome to Psychology Roots Forums! We are thrilled to have joined us in this space dedicated to all things related to psychology. Participating in forums can be a great way to learn from others, share your own experiences and knowledge, and connect with like-minded individuals. You can engage in discussions on topics ranging from the latest research in psychology to practical tips for improving mental health.
We also invite you to take advantage of the resources available on our website, including articles, videos, and recommended readings. With so much information at your fingertips, Psychology Roots Forums is the perfect place to begin or deepen your exploration of psychology.
10. Criticism of recovered memories has centered on the fact that
Criticism of recovered memories has centered on the fact that
- it is reasonable to suspect hidden abuse when a person is depressed, has low self-esteem, or has sexual problems.
- most victims of sexual abuse rarely remember having been molested.
- a patient-guided by an incompetent therapist might confuse dreams with memories.
- personally important or traumatic memories cannot be created through suggestions.